Sunday, February 28, 2010

TEXAS HERE WE COME!!

Well it is finally official, Ben and I are moving to Dallas. Frito Lay flew Ben out to Dallas this past Monday, interviewed him Tuesday, flew him home Tuesday night, and e-mail him Wednesday morning for the good news. The past few days have been exciting, stressful, sad, and hectic as we began packing up our apartment, searching online for an apartment, meeting with and saying goodbye to good friends, and making final preparations to leave Cedar City. We both gave our 2 weeks notices, which was one of the happiest days of my life, and began collecting boxes from our work places. They told Ben they want us out there as soon as possible so we are planning on hitting the pavement in 2 1/2 weeks or so. I guess Ben will be managing the guys who deliver the chips and their truck routes. The first 3 months of his training he will be in the trucks with them in order to gain an appreciation and understanding for what they do, this means he may be up at 3 a.m. or so to begin work; luckily that part is only 3 months long. We are so excited for this opportunity and extremely grateful for the blessings we have received these past few months. We are going to miss all of you here in Cedar and, of course, our families and being so far away from you all, but this will be a good change, at least that's what I keep telling myself to keep from being homesick and sad already. But anyway, kind of a long post, and without pictures (that's always my favorite part of all your posts') but I was excited so I thought I'd write. Texas! Yay! (never thought I'd live in Texas, I absolutely hate the Dallas Cowboys so this should be interesting!)

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Frito Lay!!! Congrats you guys!!! We're happy for you. Funny how a few months ago we were talking about possibilities of getting out of Cedar, well... you beat us :) When are you leaving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you made it! we are thinking of you both. love deb

    ReplyDelete