Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Former Soccer Player




Mom and Dad came down last weekend for my last post-season soccer banquet. Every year we have an end of the season banquet to stuff our faces, reminisce on past memories, hand out awards, and eventually say "peace out" to the seniors. Unfortunately this year I was receiving the "peace out." Although I am happy to have an afternoon to do whatever I want, I do miss soccer.... A LOT! I miss the girls, the drills, the exercise, the fun of soccer, and the large amount of endorphin release one receives from running for 2 hours everyday. Things I don't miss? Some of the inevitable drama that accompanies being around 19 girls every day, having to do homework later in the evening, my knees popping out, and practicing in freezing cold weather. Kimly and I had to come up with a gift for all of the girls on the team, we had a pro slide show DVD made for each girl comprising all of our favorite pictures and videos that were captured over this past year, everyone really enjoyed it I think. The coaches gave all the seniors our jerseys, some chocolate kisses, and a DVD recording of our last game played in the conference tournament out in Western Illinois when we unfortunately lost to Oakland in double over time (a real heart breaker). Well I am done reminiscing here, it is making me depressed. Tomorrow I am playing in a 4 v 4 indoor tournament so that should be a lot of fun.

3 comments:

  1. Sad! No more soccer chick Sutton! That would be hard to have come to an end since it has been such a big part of your life. You have worked so hard at soccer and school you deserve to enjoy a big long break. Treat yourself to a lazy week (that's right I said week) of staying in your P.J's, eating junk food and not walking further than the bathroom or the fridge....I love those days!
    Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo--Jock Chick!!! That will never die. The only thing that will change is who and where you play. When you put that much heart and soul into somthing like you have. It become a part of who you are. I am seeing you running up a green soccer field. but instead of big girls, there are young girls. Little girls that have the same passion about a game with a black and white ball patch ball, two nets and a long green stage. You have so much love & passion for this game. you need to pass it along.
    "Coach Sutton"
    to the future
    collage soccer players.

    Has a great ring to it don't you think ???
    Never stop "rockin that ball"
    congrats sutty butt xoxox-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor sutty poo! welcome to the old women world. I still am not totally used to not going to soccer everyday, but I do have a lot more time on my hands which I haven't decided if it is a good thing or a bad thing. I can't wait to see the 4v4 pics! We totally should of won:)

    ReplyDelete